Not something that is always planned for, but during this tough time there are usually also financial issues you’ll need to be on top of.
Some things to consider:
- How do I start to become financially independent?
- What government benefits am I entitled to?
- Am I eligible to a part of my ex-partner's super?
- I have children and I'm the primary breadwinner. What are my financial commitments?
- Will I need to get my own life insurance?
- Do I need to change my will?
- What should I do with my divorce settlement?
- Where can I go to get more help?
We can help you navigate your finances through this time by:
- Reviewing your financial situation after your divorce settlement.
- Helping you set new financial goals.
- Identifying your income and financial commitments.
- Developing a new budget and plan to achieve your new goals.
- Reviewing, recommending and organising appropriate insurance for you and any dependents.
- Reviewing your super and retirement savings.
- Recommending 'catch up' strategies for retirement savings if you need it.
- Reviewing your finances to see if you are entitled to any social security benefits.
- Recommending if you need to meet with a solicitor to create or update a will.
What to do next
If you want us to help you review your financial situation, contact us today.